6/20 “Thursday”


6/20 “Thursday”

“For those of us that make it past the early, formative phases of training and continue our strength and conditioning into it’s maturity (long term training as a lifestyle), there are many ups and downs. Most people won’t do anything that takes committed hard work to keep progressing for very long i.e more than 6 months-1 year. Once the honeymoon phase is over and the PR’s and remarkable progress stop coming every time you train, it’s much easier to switch to the next activity. So that takes care of 80% of folks and leaves the remaining 20% (us).

I have noticed in my own training which admittedly is quite short (CrossFit for the last 4.5 years but much longer if you include martial arts) some noteworthy phases or things worth mentioning, all of which I have experienced. I’ll use CrossFit training as an example since we are a CrossFit Gym, but I’m certain it applies to other disciplines and areas of life.”
– See more at: http://paleomagonline.com/evolution-of-a-crossfitter/#sthash.gSaQk2Xz.dpuf

find 1 rep max hang snatch

3 rounds
400 m run
7 power cleans
21 burpees

[learn_more caption=”NEWS”]
***Do you have UnitedHealthCare for your health insurance? If so, you may be entitled to fitness center reimbursement. BCF is a registered facility and you could get back $20 every month per person from UHC for attending > 12 times a month! http://www.gym.unitedhealthallies.com/
Expansion plans are now underway. They are building the garage door as we speak, the floor and walls are going to get cleaned and leveled, new lighting is being put in, and the wall will be torn down soon after. They expect to be nearly done in July, weather and other things permitting.

We soon will welcome Jarrod and Brie into our regular coaching schedule. They are nearly done with the apprentice program of running regular classes, Elements and specialty classes. We hope you welcome them like you have everyone else as they continually learn the process of being a great coach!

CrossFit Kids is coming soon, after or nearly after expansion is done! If you are interested, please contact Tyler with your child’s name and age!

Our Sunday morning Bradford Beach WODs and Hooverball are coming soon! The up and down weather is messing us up right now! Stay updated on the calendar and Facebook!

Our L2 classes will be starting up soon (we will be changing the name to Advanced CrossFit). We plan to have a test out day every month for which you test out to enter this class. It’s an advanced class for advanced athletes looking to take their fitness to another level, either as a competitor in the Sport of CrossFit, or just to be better in general. The guidelines are here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7HSJg7IcSg0MzZiT0hScjdJUnM/edit?usp=sharing

We are continually evaluating the needs of our class times. Be on the lookout for test time slots to see the popularity.

As always, please continue to look on our website for updates, along with Facebook. If you are on Facebook, but not in our internal private group, please let Tyler or another member know and we can add you.

Want “Voodoo” bands but hate the price? After all, it’s just rubber! I’d go with the black or orange ones here: http://smrtools.networkfitness.com/compression-straps/
RxBars are back in stock!!! Write your name on the sheet if you grab!

Want to get stronger on the squat? Need more power? Stalling in your lifts/back squat? Our 6 week squat program started today. If interested, check out yesterday’s blog post.

If no one RSVP’s to open gyms, they will not be canceled! So be sure to

The Reebok Spartan Race coming up! Use the following code for 50% off: VXGRP24.