VIDEO: Suzie; an example of someone doing “fitness for a lifetime.”
Many people who come to Badger CrossFit after going to a similar gym, or a CrossFit gym of some kind, all say the same thing… “You guys are a lot different.”
Communicating that difference is a bit challenging, but here’s our best shot…
We’ve done the CrossFit “game” for a long time — since 2011. Our owner, Tyler, has done it since 2007. We’ve seen a LOT of changes over the years, and this includes our beliefs about what CrossFit is and should be for the Milwaukee area.
Most of what CrossFit is, we are down with. But there are many things we are not (ex: the “sport” of CrossFit being used as the way to get fit [hint: it’s not], improper scaling, exclusivity, intimidation, pushing too far too soon, sacrificing health for results, and more).
Our primary goal is to get people healthy and the body composition they desire. It is not to just make them a great CrossFitter. When we program, we do not think up the “hardest” workout we can. We do not think up the “sexiest” workout we can. We think about how we can get you where you want to go — not just 5 months from now, but 5+ years from now. If we get you abs in 5 months, but leave you hurt in 5 years, what did we really accomplish for you? What did you pay for?
- You will see a very hands-on and personal approach to every client.
- You will see we are professionals doing this for a living and not a hobby.
- You will see that it is not about just sweating and burning calories.
- You will see a lot of corrective exercises.
- You will see a lot of weakness training.
- You will see intentional recovery workouts.
- You will see intentional hypertrophy (muscle-building) workouts.
- You will see all types of athletes, in shape and on their way.
Of course, we can go into all the science, but we hope it’s simple enough to grasp a bit of a difference.
If you have always been intimidated by this type of gym, we encourage you to try ours. We know we’re bias, but seriously…trust us.
Come try us out! There is nothing like it.