I had a mean craving for humus this week and this actually sufficed. It’s pretty dang tasty!
Paleo Zucchini Humus
– 1 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
– 1/4 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
– 1/4 cup tahini (or nut butter if you do not eat seeds)
– 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for garnish)
– 1 tsp. cumin
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– Dash paprika (for garnish)
– Food processor
– Vegetable peeler
– Citrus juicer
– Garlic press
– Medium sized bowl
1. Place the lemon juice and tahini in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds or until well combined and creamy. You may need to scrape the sides once or twice to get the ingredients to fully combine.
2. Add the zucchini, olive oil, cumin, sea salt, black pepper and garlic and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides once or twice.
3. Transfer the hummus to a medium sized bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a couple dashes of paprika for garnish.
I put my zucchinis in the oven to soften them before I threw them in the food processor! I peeled and cut those bad boys, put them on a roasting pan, drizzled them in about a tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkled on some salt and baked them at 350 for 13 min..
Because I baked the zucchini in oil and salt I added 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to the food processor instead of the 1 tbsp and the 1/2 tsp.
Be sure to let the zucchini cool before putting it in the food processor!